Dayspring’s doctrinal statement of faith . . .
- Dayspring affirms the Reformation truths of Scripture alone, Faith alone, Grace alone, Christ alone and God’s glory alone as the central doctrines that act as the biblical underpinnings for the Church universal. We also affirm the present and active work of the Holy Spirit as He perfects the Body of Christ and promotes the Kinddom of God.
- Dayspring’s director and biblical counselors, by definition, are committed to the Old and New Testaments as the only authoritative rule of faith and practice. Both the faith and conduct of our biblical counselors, as well as their counseling theory and practice, are formed by the standards of Scripture.
Therefore, we believe:
- That the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative written Word of God;
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, his virgin birth, his sinless life, his miracles, his vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and his personal return in power and glory;
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary;
- That a person is justified by grace alone, through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ alone;
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, to minister to the body of Christ, and to evangelize the lost;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost — those who are saved, unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost, unto the resurrection of damnation;
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and his church.